Pigeon Lake (the Lake) is an 80-acre drainage lake located primarily in the western half of Section 33,Township 17 North, Range 22 East, in the Town of Liberty, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin. The Lake has a single perennial outlet located at the southwest corner of the Lake and a single inlet located in its northeast corner. The maximum depth is 68 feet and the average depth is 19 feet. Agriculture is the dominant land use in the Lake’s approximately 1200-acre (1.9-square mile) watershed. The Lake is known to support diverse plant and animal communities including many native species and some non-natives (e.g., Eurasian watermilfoil [Myriophyllum spicatum] and alewife [Alosa pseudoharengus]) (Clarke, 2004).
Approximately 70 percent of the 1.6-mile shoreline of the Lake is developed. The remaining 30 percent of shoreline includes a recreational camp, a public boat landing, and wetlands. The Lake is heavily used for recreational boating by both lake residents and visitors.